From: Thomas Refis <thomas.refis@gmail.com>
To: Suminda Dharmasena <sirinath@sakrio.com>
Cc: caml users <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] IDE
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 17:56:46 +0100	[thread overview]

Le 8 sept. 2013 07:35, "Suminda Dharmasena" <sirinath@sakrio.com> a écrit :
> Is it possible to have a Eclipse based IDE? Perhaps Xtext may help in
putting one together.

I have never wrote a plugin for eclipse, nor have I used eclipse much, but
I expect it shouldn't be too hard to write a small plugin which would then
call merlin [1] or ocp-index [2].

Of the two I suspect ocp-index might be the easiest to wrap (only a few
commands to wrap, compared to a full protocol for merlin), but if you're
looking for the whole eclipse experience (i.e. reporting of errors and
warning as you type, not just having completion available) merlin should be
your tool of choice, imho.

If you decide to go with merlin you'll find that the protocol is not
really  documented at the moment, we (I am one of the developpers) are
working on that though, but you can always contact us (by mail or one the
bugtracker) if you have any question or request.

Thomas.

[1] https://github.com/def-lkb/merlin
[2] https://github.com/OCamlPro/ocp-index