Hi Markus, check out https://mirage.io/ Anil Madhavapeddy's team has been working on the Mirage unikernel for several years and they were recently acquired by Docker. The value proposition is being able to compile a kernel and any other stack you need right inside your server and spin up a new instance in a few milliseconds as soon as a request comes in. Anil spoke about it in this classic episode of the FLOSS Weekly podcast: https://twit.tv/shows/floss-weekly/episodes/302 Cheers, Yawar On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 4:17 PM, Markus Rudy wrote: > Hi all, > > I started writing OCaml recently, coming from a background of Scala and > Python. My interest was triggered by a HackerNews post announcing an > MOOC [1] for a language I never heard of before. As you might > comprehend, I was quickly pulled into this amazing world of global type > inference, multi-paradigm programming and native compilation. > > Since my day job is heavily focused on cloud development, I also came > round to write some Go code. You can tell that this language is designed > for containers, but what struck me as odd were the many parallels that I > saw to OCaml - static compilation to native code, object oriented > programming, first-class functions. Made me wonder if OCaml would be a > good fit for running in, say, Kubernetes. > > I wrote a simple TCP utility to accompany my mail server, which is > running on k8s, and after having dealt with some quirks I found that the > language and ecosystem fit the cloud-native paradigm quite nicely. It > also motivated me to write some of my findings up [2] and see if I can > come up with some cool use cases. > > Are you deploying OCaml in containers? Are you aware of some libraries > and/or tooling to accelerate developing OCaml for the cloud? > > Cheers, Markus > > [1]: https://www.fun-mooc.fr/courses/parisdiderot/56002S02/session02/about > [2]: https://github.com/burgerdev/cloudtools > > -- Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs