I'm looking for a compression library such as camlzip to read/write compressed files (any lossless compression algorithm is fine), but having a function similar to Pervasives.output_value, which does not seem to be available in camlzip (and I do not see how I could easily implement it). Would it be simple to modify camlzip to add this function? I believe that if this were the case, then it would already have been done, but I might be wrong. Otherwise, is there another OCaml library with an API very similar to Pervasives'? I'd prefer a lightweight solution (avoiding Core and Batteries) if possible.