* [Caml-list] Ocaml 4.02.0: Dead Code Elimination and Core
@ 2014-09-01 12:58 Christopher Yocum
From: Christopher Yocum @ 2014-09-01 12:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this question but I thought
I would start here.  I also have the feeling that this is a rather dumb
question.  However, I will put it out there and see what the responses are.

I saw that there is dead code elimination in 4.02.0 and I thought to myself
that this would help make Core's very large binaries smaller.  So, I switch
compilers and did a test.  Unfortunately, a small sample program compiled
with ocamlopt and using Core.Std.List was still 11MB.  I very much doubt
that my binary really needs to be 11MB.  Is there a way to shrink the size?
 I had heard about namesapces elsewhere before but I think that discussion
died.

All the best,
Chris Yocum