From: Kenneth Adam Miller <kennethadammiller@gmail.com>
To: caml users <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: [Caml-list] Parallelism in newer versions of ocaml
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:53:46 -0400	[thread overview]

Its my personal gathering that the development of ocaml has always been
driven with the conviction that things should be done with a mathematical
foundation that supports doing things well over just getting them done
sooner. Quality over quantity kind of thing.

I was wondering what kinds of typing rules or new language constructs or
otherwise judicious restrictions might be put in place for the facilitation
of doing concurrency very well in ocaml, or if there are even any. Possibly
it is just the code that the compiler produces that just now will actually
resolve a thread creation function call? My thinking is the GC wasn't
written with concurrent accesses in mind, but at the same time, the pi
calculus would seem close to home with respect to the ocaml philosophy.

Can any body comment on any of this?