From: "Rémy El Sibaïe Besognet" <remy.el-sibaie@lip6.fr>
To: Jacques Garrigue <garrigue@math.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Generic usage of Hashtbl.S with first class module
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 14:45:25 +0000	[thread overview]

@Phil Eaton :
I already tried this solution but it just moves the pattern matching from
parameter to a let binding and does not fix the extrusion scope error.
Thank anyway.

Le mar. 16 juin 2015 à 16:30, Jacques Garrigue <garrigue@math.nagoya-u.ac.jp>
a écrit :

> Dear Rémy,
>
> The trouble here is that Hashtbl.S defines an abstract type for hash
> tables, and that each time you open this module, using the (module H :
> Hashtbl.S) pattern, your are talking about a fresh abstract type,
> incompatible with anything from the outside world. In particular, there is
> no way the parameter ht could have this type, and this causes an error.
>
> Contrary to real functors, first-class modules do not let you connect
> abstract parameterized types with the outside world. So in this case, the
> only solution I see would be to pack your hash table inside the module
> itself, like for an object, so that you don't need to receive ht as a
> separate argument.
>
> Jacques Garrigue

Thank you. This was the kind of answer I expected.
During this time I tried my solution without the `ht` parameter which
solves my original problem. But your solution of giving the `ht` value in
the module is way more general.