From: Casey Basichis <caseybasichis@gmail.com>
To: Thomas Gazagnaire <thomas@ocamlpro.com>
Cc: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Setting up OcaIDE
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 13:23:15 -0700	[thread overview]

Hi Thomas,

I just realized this isn't specific to Eclipse at all.  Typing ocaml in the
terminal gives the same error:

        OCaml version 4.00.1

Cannot find file topfind.
Unknown directive `camlp4o'.

I am definitely running "eval `opam config env`" as well it is in my
.bash_profile

When I try: opam install findlib
findlib is not a valid versioned package name
'opam install findlib' failed.

The information about any of this on google is extremely scarce. I've
installed three versions of the compiler so far and all have given me this
error.

As I noted earlier, I've tried make installing findlib from the source.

There is a topfind in the 4.01.0dev+trunk/lib/toplevel directory but it
wasn't working when the system was set to that compiler.  I've tried moving
the file to 4.00.1 but it give an error about being the wrong version.

copy/pasting the let()=.... into the ocaml in the terminal had no effect.

Any other idea as to what might be wrong?