On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 3:13 PM, Ian Zimmerman wrote: > On 2017-12-17 17:55, Paolo Donadeo wrote: > > > So, actually, why caring about the syntax of another language? > > Because, being backed by FB, Reason will _become_ the normal Ocaml, and > even those who dislike it will in practice be forced to use it. That is > the core of this disagreement. > Exactly! Reason may be great, but OCaml is effectively being expropriated by a huge, powerful organization. Reason is presently just an "alternate syntax" but if it's successful, OCaml could easily devolve into an obscure early intermediate language in a Reason compiler. As I understand it, the OCaml community isn't paying much attention to the Reason design process. That process is heavily influenced by JS so there are ample opportunities for unrepairable mistakes. RM > > Honestly I don't understand this argument. Someone out there created > > another (concrete) syntax for OCaml. If you like it use it otherwise > > let them alone. > > But _you_ won't be "let alone" for long. > > > My point was that there is a huge difference between "I don't like > > ReasonML syntax" and "ReasonML users are idiots". > > Yes, I agree. I'm completely with the former, but I never said the > latter nor do I support it. Nonetheless there are many people who are > no idiots but whose choices I reflexively reject. (My first post in > this thread provides some context.) > > -- > Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet, > if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup. > To reply privately _only_ on Usenet, fetch the TXT record for the domain. > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >