While it may not help you, ocamls GC only kicks off during an allocation so you can at least construct an important section of code to not have a GC occur in it. But I don't think that would help for your situation. Is your concern more general or do you have a specific situation? Ime it takes quite a but of work to cause a noticeable GC pause in ocaml. Den 24 jul 2014 02:09 skrev "Raoul Duke" : > > Most programs spend a minority of their time in garbage collection. > > Even if the new GC thread did not slow down the main program, > > possible speedup would be less than 2x, probably well under 50%. > > thanks! gotchya. > > I should have noted that my main concern is with pauses, not with > overall speedup. In other words: in interactive apps, pauses are > eeeeeevil. > > > For technical reasons, offloading major collections in OCaml is easier > > than offloading minor collections, so the potential benefit is less. > > I am guessing you mean that major collections just don't happen that > often, at least if people write their code in a non-pathalogical > fashion? :) > > sincerely. > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >