I think ocaml had bigger problems to solve than this if it wants a larger user base. On May 26, 2013 5:00 PM, "oliver" wrote: > Looks to me, that the paedagogical concepts > that were mentioned here, rather create confusion > than making things clear. > > Some students learn this banning of the term "variable" > (and can rely on "I've learned this in university"), > spread these news to the programmer community and when > this wording style comes back to the originators, it will > be judged as wrong. > > These teaching concepts look wrong to me. > > Ciao, > Oliver > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >