My recommendation is to commit fully to the new C++11 standard, which has a number of functional features, including closures. These are now supported by recent C++ compilers. E. On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Kwangkeun Yi wrote: > Hi OCamlers, > > We at Seoul National University are changing our programming curricula so > that junior CS students will be trained to build rather big softwares. > After some discussions we decided to use C++ :-( > > Is there any good idea on nudging(or even forcing) programming in C++ > become more like programming in OCaml? I want our students to enjoy the > merits of high-level, higher-order & typed programming language in this > class even in C++. Would it be possible? > > Maybe I need to build some layer of libraries... > I'd like to hear, if any, more interesting ideas or your experience in > this context. > > All the best, > > -Kwang > > -- > Prof. Kwangkeun Yi > Computer Science & Engineering > Seoul National University > http://ropas.snu.ac.kr/~kwang > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/**arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/**ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-**bugs >