* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Batteries 2.0.0 released
       [not found] <fa.zp9JM87TmJwYPvI7w+ikHpyQg7w@ifi.uio.no>
@ 2013-01-09  1:52 ` John Prevost
From: John Prevost @ 2013-01-09  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fa.caml; +Cc: caml-list

On Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:29:25 AM UTC-5, Edgar Friendly wrote:
> ... the issues with Camomile's data files
  {...}
> A complete list of API incompatible changes and new additions is available at
>
> https://github.com/ocaml-batteries-team/batteries-included/wiki/Interfacechanges12
>
> and the new documentation is online at
>
> http://ocaml-batteries-team.github.com/batteries-included/hdoc2/index.html

The changes page and your comment above suggest that there's still Unicode character support, but it doesn't seem to be listed in the API documentation (and the UCharParser module is explicitly mentioned as being gone, which I wouldn't expect to be the case if there were still Unicode support.)

Could you clarify?

Thanks.

* Re: [Caml-list] [ANN] Batteries 2.0.0 released
@ 2013-01-09  4:53   ` Edgar Friendly
From: Edgar Friendly @ 2013-01-09  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Prevost; +Cc: fa.caml, caml-list

There is ...  light...  unicode support.  UTF8 strings are still supported,
and can be transcoded from and to Latin-1.  For anything more complex than
that, you'll need to use Camomile or some other unicode library.  You're
right that these modules somehow got omitted from the API documentation;
the online docs are being regenerated as I write this.  The disappearance
of UCharParser may have been a mistake; looking back at that commit, it
looks like it was deleted instead of being modified to fit the removal of
camomile.  It will probably reappear in batteries 2.1.

E.

@ 2013-01-10  3:01     ` Mike Lin
From: Mike Lin @ 2013-01-10  3:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edgar Friendly; +Cc: John Prevost, fa.caml, caml-list

Does this mean that executables compiled with batteries (and not
Camomile) no longer have intrinsic runtime dependencies on Camomile
files in certain filesystem locations?
(glad to see this if so!)

@ 2013-01-10  3:04       ` Edgar Friendly
From: Edgar Friendly @ 2013-01-10  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)