I have a similar development setup and have made effective use of ocp-build to enable a tight development loop while still supporting opam deployment. Suppose you have libraries A and B and a program P that uses these, each in their own directory (or repository). You set these up with a per-project .ocp file that describes the library / program sources and a per-project Makefile. For each project X, the Makefile (or OPAM build rules) executes: ocp-build init ocp-build configure ocp-build X This configures ocp-build to only search in that directory when doing its build. When doing development, you skip the per-project makefiles and instead arrange things as: projects/A projects/B projects/P And you execute the "ocp-build init; ocp-build configure" portion in the *projects* directory. This sets "projects" as the ocp-build root directory and causes ocp-build to find all the per-project .ocp files. The dependencies between the program and libraries will be properly resolved and even if you have A or B installed with findlib, the local versions of the libraries will take precedence when building / linking P. Just compile P with "ocp-build P" (executed somewhere in the projects/ directory tree). You do have to be careful to ensure that during development you never accidentally create a "projects/X/_obuild" directory (e.g. you never accidentally invoke "make" in any of the project directories). ocp-build will stop at the first _obuild directory it finds, so having _obuild directories other than projects/_obuild will prevent the full traversal of the projects/* subdirectories. --Stephen On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 7:12 PM, Daniel Bünzli wrote: > > > Le vendredi, 13 décembre 2013 ŕ 00:57, Anthony Tavener a écrit : > > > I regularly develop libraries in parallel with application code. > > Since you seem to be using ocamlbuild, at a certain point I was using (and > still use sometimes) a workflow that I described here: > > > http://brion.inria.fr/gallium/index.php/Working_on_dependent_projects_with_ocamlbuild > > If you work with version control you could also make local git package for > the libs. That way you can update your all your libraries after new commits > with a single `opam update && opam upgrade`. > > Best, > > Daniel > > > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs