Dear List, I write a blog post http://yoriyuki.info/en/blog/2014/07/18/unicode/ which proposes inclusion of Unicode strings in OCaml standard distribution. The reason for this proposal can be summarized as follows. 1. Type for human readable text is too important to left out from the standard distribution, in particular from the beginner's perspective 2. This enhances interpolability of Unicode processing libraries 3. This suppresses the current dangerous practice that raw UTF-8 encoded string is used for Unicode string. I hope this stimulates the further discussion of human readable texts in OCaml Best, -- Yoriyuki Yamagata http://yoriyuki.info/