From: Yoriyuki Yamagata <yoriyuki.y@gmail.com>
To: Caml List <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: [Caml-list] [ANN] ucorelib 0.1.0
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 11:52:00 +0900	[thread overview]

Dear list,

I am pleased to announce the release of ucorelib, a new Unicode library for
OCaml.  ucorelib provides Unicode character type, Unicode text type
(internally ropes), and decoder/encoder of UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-32.

Main page: https://github.com/yoriyuki/ucorelib
Release page: https://github.com/yoriyuki/ucorelib/releases/tag/v0.1.0

ucorelib provides

1. An abstract data type for Unicode character.  This prevents you to
create illegal Unicode characters, so it is safer than just using integers
of Unicode characters.

2. An abstract text data type, internally implemented as ropes.  All
interface to Text module are purely functional.

3. Code converter from/to UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-32

By the way, I am looking for someone who can collaborate with me.
 Specifically, I am looking for

1. OCaml build system guru
2. OCaml syntax extension guru, to propose a syntax extension for Unicode.
3. XML guru, to make a parser for LDML, Locale Data Markup Language.

Best,
--
Yoriyuki Yamagata
yoriyuki.y@gmail.com