On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 11:00 AM, Daniel Bünzli wrote: > On Monday, 6 February 2017 at 15:02, Hendrik Boom wrote: > > It is very useful to find all the > > functions that do anything with values of a particular type in order > > to find out what you can do with it. As well as how you can produce > > values of that type. > > Sure but boolean queries on type identifiers seems enough for this. Of > course you can always wish to be more precise --- I want this type to > appear in that position --- but I'm not sure that's an information need > users often have. That's why the search should be up-to some isomorphism, e.g., int -> float -> bool is isomoprhic to float -> int -> bool The seach should also work correctly with lots of aliases, since it is usual when the same type or value in OCaml has mutliple names. The seach should also ignore parameter names, as this is not what a user can know in advance. > > > D > > > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >