Hi, Thanks for the excellent contribution, that's really useful. But can you please provide a license to use it? Something like MIT would be awesome! Cheers, Ivan Gotovchits On Feb 6, 2018 9:00 PM, "Francois BERENGER" wrote: > Hello, > > A bisector tree allows to do fast but exact nearest neighbor searches in > any space provided that you have a metric (function) to measure the > distance between any two points in that space. > > It also allows proximity queries, as in "all points within distance d > from my query point". > > Cf. this article for details: "A Data Structure and an Algorithm for the > Nearest Point Problem"; Iraj Kalaranti and Gerard McDonald. > ieeexplore.ieee.org/iel5/32/35936/01703102.pdf > > The code is here: > https://github.com/UnixJunkie/bisec-tree > > It might interest users of vantage point trees (minivpt, and vpt in > opam), kd-trees and such. > I think bst should be faster than vpt in most use cases. > > It should appear in opam shortly. > > Regards, > Francois. > > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >