Probably it is an abstract type, that is represented as string. In any case you can use the `#install_printer` directive to enable printing any type. The argument is a function of type `t -> Format.formatter -> unit`, where `t` is a name of your type. On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 11:24 AM, Tom Ridge wrote: > Dear All, > > I am debugging some code. For various reasons I have started to use > ocamldebug rather than printf. > > I should say that ocamldebug is excellent. Really excellent. Especially > the "backwards" stepping. > > However, sometimes I want to see the value of a particular variable. I can > use the "p" (print) command as: > > (ocd) p kra > kra: Key_value_types.key = > > The problem is that I know that kra is a string. But ocamldebug only shows > . > > Admittedly the code is functorized. But I have a feeling I should be able > to tweak something to get ocamldebug to print the value of kra. > > Any ideas? > > T >