From: Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@gmail.com>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: [Caml-list] Am I allowed to use the OCaml logos?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 12:44:40 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi list,

I'm submitting a proposal for a talk at FOSDEM [1] next year about how
Citrix uses OCaml in XenServer and its open source distro, XCP. The
submission site allows me to attach a logo to my talk proposal. I'd
like to incorporate the logos that are advertised for use on the
ocaml-lang.org site [2].

The logos page mentions that the logos are available for use on
websites, but they don't say anything else, and I can't find a license
for these. I'd like to know:

1) Am I allowed to advertise my talk using one of the OCaml logos found at [2]?
2) Am I allowed mashup these logos with logos for our XCP software?
Note that these logos do not mention Citrix or any other corporation,
and are meant to serve as logos for our purely open source software. I
believe that they are licensed under the creative commons, but I need
to confirm that.

Does anyone know for sure the answers to these questions? Thanks,

Mike

[1] https://fosdem.org/2013/
[2] http://www.ocaml-lang.org/logos.html