Hi Xinuo, I use projectile (https://github.com/bbatsov/projectile) to navigate large projects. It isn't OCaml specific but it works really well IMO. This post contains lots of good tips when using Emacs for OCaml programming: http://chaudhuri.info/misc/osetup/ You definitely also want to checkout UTop and get comfortable using it from Emacs: https://github.com/diml/utop Best of luck, Mads On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 10:05 PM, Xinuo Chen wrote: > Hi all > > I am using OCaml for a project with 20 - 50 files inside. Also I am using emacs > + tuareg. > > Syntax highlight is well done by tuareg and generally it is good using > emacs for one file editing. > > However, for the project files, I need to frequently switch between files > together with folders, how can i use emacs as also a project manager such > as eclipse? How can I have a file / project tree there just like Eclipse > does? > > Also how do people manage a huge bunch of files (just like core library or > batteries-included) effectively? It seems emacs is good for single file or > simple project editing, but not good at managing a complex project. > > thanks > Best Regards, > > Xinuo > -- /Mads