* [Caml-list] Image processing like opencv in OCaml
@ 2019-01-14 18:25 Kishorekumar Neelamegam
From: Kishorekumar Neelamegam @ 2019-01-14 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

I have a python code which i would like to convert it to OCaml.

The library takes a PNG and removes the border, strips horizontal lines,
crops the image to pieces, denoises and resizes again.

We use opencv.

I searched around in opam, github to find the following link that performs
some functions that i need.

   1. http://pauillac.inria.fr/camlimages/ 3
   <http://pauillac.inria.fr/camlimages/>

The below two links demonstrate an FFI - “extern C” approach.

   1. FFI interface to opencv https://github.com/tovbinm/ocaml-faces 2
   <https://github.com/tovbinm/ocaml-faces>
   2. FFI interface to opencv https://github.com/ChesleyTan/ascii-chat 2
   <https://github.com/ChesleyTan/ascii-chat>

Are there packages in OCaml for imageprocessing like opencv ?

Should i take the FFI interface to opencv from OCaml ?

Your thoughts are welcome.
Kishore

* Re: [Caml-list] Image processing like opencv in OCaml
@ 2019-01-15  1:32 ` Francois Berenger
From: Francois Berenger @ 2019-01-15  1:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kishorekumar Neelamegam; +Cc: caml-list

On 15/01/2019 03:25, Kishorekumar Neelamegam wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a python code which i would like to convert it to OCaml.
>
> The library takes a PNG and removes the border, strips horizontal
> lines, crops the image to pieces, denoises and resizes again.
>
> We use opencv.
>
> I searched around in opam, github to find the following link that
> performs some functions that i need.
>
> 	* http://pauillac.inria.fr/camlimages/ 3 [1]
>
> The below two links demonstrate an FFI - “extern C” approach.
>
> 	* FFI interface to opencv https://github.com/tovbinm/ocaml-faces 2
> [2]
> 	* FFI interface to opencv https://github.com/ChesleyTan/ascii-chat 2
> [3]
>
> Are there packages in OCaml for imageprocessing like opencv ?

I did not use them, but there are bindings to ImageMagick in opam
(imagemagick and magic),
which might give you access to some of the operators your are looking
for.

This is not OpenCV though...