* [Caml-list] OCaml 4.00.1 released
@ 2012-10-05 12:45 Damien Doligez
From: Damien Doligez @ 2012-10-05 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml announce, caml users

Dear OCaml users,

We have the pleasure of celebrating the birthdays of Denis Diderot
by announcing the release ofOCaml version 4.00.1.
This is mainly a bug-fix release, see the list of changes below.

It is available here: < http://caml.inria.fr/download.en.html >

This is released as source for the time being, but the binary
versions should be available soon.

We would like to take the opportunity to thank all the packagers
out there who make this easy to install for end users without
recompiling.

Happy hacking,

-- Damien Doligez for the OCaml team.

OCaml 4.00.1:
-------------

Bug fixes:
- PR#4019: better documentation of Str.matched_string
- PR#5111: ocamldoc, heading tags inside spans tags is illegal in html
- PR#5278: better error message when typing "make"
- PR#5468: ocamlbuild should preserve order of parametric tags
- PR#5563: harden Unix.select against file descriptors above FD_SETSIZE
- PR#5690: "ocamldoc ... -text README" raises exception
- PR#5700: crash with native-code stack backtraces under MacOS 10.8 x86-64
- PR#5707: AMD64 code generator: do not use r10 and r11 for parameter passing,
  as these registers can be destroyed by the dynamic loader
- PR#5712: some documentation problems
- PR#5715: configuring with -no-shared-libs breaks under cygwin
- PR#5718: false positive on 'unused constructor' warning
- PR#5719: ocamlyacc generates code that is not warning 33-compliant
- PR#5725: ocamldoc output of preformatted code
- PR#5727: emacs caml-mode indents shebang line in toplevel scripts
- PR#5729: tools/untypeast.ml creates unary Pexp_tuple
- PR#5731: instruction scheduling forgot to account for destroyed registers
- PR#5735: %apply and %revapply not first class citizens
- PR#5738: first class module patterns not handled by ocamldep
- PR#5742: missing bound checks in Array.sub
- PR#5744: ocamldoc error on "val virtual"
- PR#5757: GC compaction bug (crash)
- PR#5758: Compiler bug when matching on floats
- PR#5761: Incorrect bigarray custom block size

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml 4.00.1 released
@ 2012-10-05 14:47 ` Hezekiah M. Carty
From: Hezekiah M. Carty @ 2012-10-05 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damien Doligez; +Cc: caml users

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Damien Doligez <damien.doligez@inria.fr> wrote:
> Dear OCaml users,
>
> We have the pleasure of celebrating the birthdays of Denis Diderot
> by announcing the release ofOCaml version 4.00.1.
> This is mainly a bug-fix release, see the list of changes below.

Thank you for the new release!  For anyone looking to build the new
release from source, ocamlbrew has been updated to install OCaml
4.00.1 by default:

https://github.com/hcarty/ocamlbrew

To give it a try with the default components (OCaml, findlib, odb.ml,
oasis, utop, ocamlscript) run the following in a terminal:

curl -kL https://raw.github.com/hcarty/ocamlbrew/master/ocamlbrew-install | bash

That will build and install everything under $HOME/ocamlbrew.  See
README.md and RECIPES.md at the link above for build requirements and
other configuration examples.

Hez

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml 4.00.1 released
@ 2012-10-08 12:12 ` Jonathan Protzenko
From: Jonathan Protzenko @ 2012-10-08 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damien Doligez; +Cc: caml announce, caml users

Dear OCaml users on Windows,

The self-installer has been updated, it is available at
<http://protz.github.com/ocaml-installer/>. As usual, if you want to
help improve the installer script for Windows, I'll gladly accept any
patches.

Happy (?) Windows hacking,

jonathan