I see an immediate problem with packages that install several executable files (for instance, Melt provides a library and a collection of tools, none of them named melt, by the way). I haven't spent time looking more than superficially into oasis or odb yet, but it strikes me as a possibly important limitation. -- Arnaud Spiwack On 11 February 2012 22:10, Edgar Friendly wrote: > odb is a simple ocaml program to install ocaml packages with dependencies. > I've written a document on the assumptions it makes of the packages it's > to install. By sharing this, I hope to influence library and application > developers to use a standard interface for compiling their program. > > The details are here: https://github.com/thelema/** > odb/blob/master/guidelines.md > > Thank you for any feedback. Please bear in mind that odb is meant to be > simple, so the complexity of configuring, building and installing any > packages is expected to be in that package's build system, and not odb > itself. > > E. > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa-roc.inria.fr/**wws/info/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/**ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-**bugs > >