On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Vincent Balat < vincent.balat@univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote: > It is possible for example to keep the current web site and add > progressively new pages using the wiki. > Nice! If we did this, a gradual transition is key. > We will release version 1 soon. > This is even more critical. Currently the ocsimore page says "It is under development (not usable for now)." Using a wiki locks us in to a very specific model. We need confidence the tool is stable and will continue to be maintained and developed. > > Hi, > > > > > > These days ocaml.org is a great resource and starting point for the > > > community and people interested in learning OCaml. It would be great > > > however if we have a collective wiki for OCaml too. Not being here at > > > any rate competitive and just complementary. > > > > > > It could cover: > > > - using core toolchain > > > - tooling like Oasis, OPAM, ocamlfind, ocamlbuild etc. > > > - type system tricks > > > - small projects with good code examples > > > - tools settings, emacs & vim configuration snippets > > > etc. > > > > > > it should be searchable, and fairly centralised. > > > > > > What kind of wiki engine we would like to use? > > > > > > I'd just opt either for oddmuse, mediawiki perhaps with some movement > > > towards custom one based on Ocsigen and Eliom, but here I don't have any > > > strong opinions, feel free to propose anything else. > > > > > > Separate issue is storage and server etc., I'd happily organise/discuss > > > these things, once we know the details :-) > > > > > > I'm open for any ideas and people joining up with the effort. > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > -Wojciech > > >