On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Gerd Stolpmann wrote: > I liked the idea of the first couple of OUD events of keeping some > distance to academic rituals. > I perceive the change in exactly the opposite way. The first couple of OUD events were in Paris, i.e. all about keeping it close to Inria. By co-locating with ICFP/CUFP, the meeting will for the first time be in the US. That means we are reaching out to new people. And remember CUFP is a significant conference, so it is inaccurate to categorize the entire week of events as academic.