* [Caml-list] How to shape our [SW construction] course?
@ 2013-03-20  9:23 Kwangkeun Yi
From: Kwangkeun Yi @ 2013-03-20  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi OCamlers,

We at Seoul National University are changing our programming curricula
so that junior CS students will be trained to build rather big
softwares. After some discussions we decided to use C++ :-(

Is there any good idea on nudging(or even forcing) programming in C++
become more like programming in OCaml? I want our students to enjoy the
merits of high-level, higher-order & typed programming language in this
class even in C++. Would it be possible?

Maybe I need to build some layer of libraries...
I'd like to hear, if any, more interesting ideas or your experience in
this context.

All the best,

-Kwang

--
Prof. Kwangkeun Yi
Computer Science & Engineering

* Re: [Caml-list] How to shape our [SW construction] course?
@ 2013-03-20 14:07 ` Edgar Friendly
From: Edgar Friendly @ 2013-03-20 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kwangkeun Yi; +Cc: caml-list

My recommendation is to commit fully to the new C++11 standard, which has a
number of functional features, including closures.  These are now supported
by recent C++ compilers.

E.

@ 2013-03-20 17:39 ` Ashish Agarwal
From: Ashish Agarwal @ 2013-03-20 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kwangkeun Yi; +Cc: caml-list

Maybe the cppml project will help you:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cppml/

The main developer said this version is a bit out of date but is willing to
push a new release if there's interest.

       [not found] <fa.O+GZy4Ef86RPjYk+BRq3j/diyUQ@ifi.uio.no>
@ 2013-03-22 22:46 ` pulmu
From: pulmu @ 2013-03-22 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: fa.caml; +Cc: caml-list

It's deep sorrow.
Without your course, there may be no chance to hit the name "OCaml" in South Korea.