What you've written implies that all projects should regard the OCaml compiler itself. Is that the intention? Or could this support projects using the OCaml language for other purposes? What other purposes? General tools of use to the OCaml community, or just anything that happens to be implemented in OCaml. Thanks for providing a place to collect these ideas. On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 10:35 AM, Yotam Barnoy wrote: > Hey everyone > > Another year has gone by, and Google Summer of Code is upon us again. > Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like we're ready to participate this year > either (sign up dates for mentoring organizations are Feb 9th to the 20th). > After seeing some comments on reddit, I have taken the liberty of > establishing 2 pages on the ocaml.org wiki: > > - GSoC ideas (https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org/wiki/GSoC-ideas): this > is a list of ideas for projects that students could do. It needs to be > filled up and then maintained, so that by next year at least, we actually > have something to show google. > > - GSoC Application ( > https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org/wiki/GSoC-application): a hastily > filled out application covering the questions google expects answered. This > should also be maintained so that it's pretty much ready to go. > > Please fill out these pages as much as you can -- particularly the ideas > page. I haven't listed any project ideas myself, but I tried to write some > guidelines for the kinds of things that could be used as projects. > > -Yotam >