* [Caml-list] latest version
@ 2016-05-14  7:12 Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2016-05-14  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

On ocaml.org, it could be more ovious what is the latest version of ocaml.
This information could at least be at the top of the "Install OCaml"
page.  Instead, one has to scroll down to the bottom to find "From Source"
and click on "Download the source for your preferred OCaml release".

julia

* Re: [Caml-list] latest version
@ 2016-05-14 11:58 ` Philippe Wang
From: Philippe Wang @ 2016-05-14 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, perhaps you could make a pull request by editing the concerned
page on ocaml.org? :)
There's an edit button on each page (the pencil on the top right corner). :)
Cheers,

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr> wrote:
> On ocaml.org, it could be more ovious what is the latest version of ocaml.
> This information could at least be at the top of the "Install OCaml"
> page.  Instead, one has to scroll down to the bottom to find "From Source"
> and click on "Download the source for your preferred OCaml release".
>
> julia
>

> --

Philippe Wang
   mail@philippewang.info

* Re: [Caml-list] latest version
@ 2016-05-14 12:46   ` Gabriel Scherer
From: Gabriel Scherer @ 2016-05-14 12:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

We discussed how to give more visibility to OCaml releases last September:
  http://lists.ocaml.org/pipermail/infrastructure/2015-September/000537.html
  https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org/issues/701

The feature request #701 did not result in a change, but the
discussions were about more invasive change than just adding some
content on one of the pages, so I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect
an external contributor to lead it.

From an "upstream OCaml" point of view, what I would like to have is a
clear description of the process to follow to edit ocaml.org on the
event of an OCaml release. I think the people that know ocaml.org best
should decide on that, and then I'd try to get it done on each
release.

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 7:58 AM, Philippe Wang <mail@philippewang.info> wrote:
> Hi, perhaps you could make a pull request by editing the concerned
> page on ocaml.org? :)
> There's an edit button on each page (the pencil on the top right corner). :)
> Cheers,
>

> On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr> wrote:
>> On ocaml.org, it could be more ovious what is the latest version of ocaml.
>> This information could at least be at the top of the "Install OCaml"
>> page.  Instead, one has to scroll down to the bottom to find "From Source"
>> and click on "Download the source for your preferred OCaml release".
>>
>> julia
>>

>> --
>

> --
> Philippe Wang
>    mail@philippewang.info
>
> --

* Re: [Caml-list] latest version
@ 2016-05-14 13:02     ` Julia Lawall
From: Julia Lawall @ 2016-05-14 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 14 May 2016, Gabriel Scherer wrote:

> We discussed how to give more visibility to OCaml releases last September:
>   http://lists.ocaml.org/pipermail/infrastructure/2015-September/000537.html
>   https://github.com/ocaml/ocaml.org/issues/701
>
> The feature request #701 did not result in a change, but the
> discussions were about more invasive change than just adding some
> content on one of the pages, so I'm not sure it's reasonable to expect
> an external contributor to lead it.
>
> From an "upstream OCaml" point of view, what I would like to have is a
> clear description of the process to follow to edit ocaml.org on the
> event of an OCaml release. I think the people that know ocaml.org best
> should decide on that, and then I'd try to get it done on each
> release.

Thanks, I didn't really want to become responsible for this...

julia

> On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 7:58 AM, Philippe Wang <mail@philippewang.info> wrote:
> > Hi, perhaps you could make a pull request by editing the concerned
> > page on ocaml.org? :)
> > There's an edit button on each page (the pencil on the top right corner). :)
> > Cheers,
> >

> > On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 9:12 AM, Julia Lawall <julia.lawall@lip6.fr> wrote:
> >> On ocaml.org, it could be more ovious what is the latest version of ocaml.
> >> This information could at least be at the top of the "Install OCaml"
> >> page.  Instead, one has to scroll down to the bottom to find "From Source"
> >> and click on "Download the source for your preferred OCaml release".
> >>
> >> julia
> >>

> >> --
> >

> > --
> > Philippe Wang