Does this supersede search.ocaml.jp? Shall we change the "OCaml API Search" link on the front page of ocaml.org? On Thu, Jul 4, 2013 at 10:11 PM, Jun Furuse wrote: > Hi list, > > I have launched a new OCaml API search, OCaml◎Scope at > http://ocamloscope.herokuapp.com . > > OCaml◎Scope is a type directed library search, derived work from OCaml API > Search by Mizuno and its ancestor OCamlBrowser by Garrigue. It is also > inspired from Hoogle, the same API search engine for Haskell by MItchell, > which I regularly use in my Haskell :-) job. > > * Fast and Portable. It loads everything in memory, unlike OCaml API > Search and OCamlBrowser which load compiled interface files (*.cmi) > dynamically. The data file is extracted from compiled files but > self-contained, so the search engine does not require to compile the > libraries locally. > * No use of unification but edit distance of types like Hoogle. > Unification does not provide good results in type directed search, and is > costy. > * OCamlFind and OPAM friendly. OCaml◎Scope knows which items are from > which OCamlFind and OPAM packages. > * OCamlDoc: it also extracts OCamlDoc comments, if possible. > * Small: it can even run as a heroku app. Currently it carries 245k > entries from 76 OCamlFind packages including Core and Batteries, but the > data file (as a marshalled OCaml value) is still 20Mb. > > There are lots of todos but I think the search results look well sane so > far. If you find something strange please drop by > https://bitbucket.org/camlspotter/ocamloscope-server/issues?status=new&status=open and > leave some comments. Thanks! > > Jun Furuse > >