* [Caml-list] OCaml job at genomics company
@ 2022-02-10 16:27 Ashish Agarwal
From: Ashish Agarwal @ 2022-02-10 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Caml List, ocaml-jobs

At Solvuu, we develop software for the life sciences industry. Our projects
touch human health in various ways, from pursuing cancer therapies to
improving agricultural output. We use OCaml across the full stack: cloud
infrastructure management, job scheduling, data management and security,
statistical data analysis, clients and servers for many APIs, and web based
UIs for data exploration.

We currently have a full-time position open for an OCaml programmer with
cloud computing experience. The ideal candidate would have at least 2 years
of professional software development experience in OCaml, and 2 years of
experience building systems on AWS. Other requirements include
exceptionally good written and verbal communication skills, organizational
skills, and attention to detail. We insist on clean elegant code and a
team-first attitude, and will want to be convinced that you do too. Though
not required, the following would all strengthen your application: a PhD in
distributed systems or programming languages, experience with IaC
technologies like Terraform, or experience in the life science industry.

To apply, please send an email to jobs@solvuu.com expressing your interest,
and please attach your CV. This is a full-time position and requires
authorization to work in the US. Ideally, you would work from one of our
offices in Manhattan or San Francisco (which immerse you in an ecosystem of
innovative companies alongside Solvuu), but we welcome remote work from
anywhere in the US. Our compensation package includes a competitive salary,
equity, and health insurance for you and your family.

If the above sounds exciting, but you are outside the US, available only
part-time, or feel you don’t quite meet the requirements, please do still
reach out. We are keen to meet anyone passionate about OCaml programming as
a career, and we will be happy to explore options for working together. You
do not need to know any Biology.