* [Caml-list] what is the expected output of "opam list"?
@ 2014-01-25 11:05 Matej Kosik
From: Matej Kosik @ 2014-01-25 11:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hi,

I do not have any prior experience with opam.

I am trying to install opam on CentOS 6.3.
I do not think that I can use compiled binaries here

  (wget http://www.ocamlpro.com/pub/opam_installer.sh
   sh ./opam_installer.sh /usr/local/bin)

because of libc version mismatch.

I have therefore decided to compile it from sources

  (wget http://www.ocamlpro.com/pub/opam-full-1.1.0.tar.gz
   tar xvzf opam-full-1.1.0.tar.gz
   mkdir ~/opam
   cd opam-full-1.1.0
   ./configure --prefix ~/opam
   make
   make install
   opam init)

When I type:

   opam list

I see:

   base-bigarray  base  Bigarray library distributed with the OCaml compiler
   base-threads   base  Threads library distributed with the OCaml compiler
   base-unix      base  Unix library distributed with the OCaml compiler

I guess that this is wrong although I am not sure what did I do wrong.
To put it another way: how can I install, say, mikmatch via opam?

Any good advice is welcome.

* Re: [Caml-list] what is the expected output of "opam list"?
@ 2014-01-25 11:45 ` Kakadu
From: Kakadu @ 2014-01-25 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matej Kosik; +Cc: Caml List

Salut,

opam list lists installed
opam list -a lists all (available and installed)

Kind regards,
Kakadu

@ 2014-01-25 11:54   ` Matej Kosik
From: Matej Kosik @ 2014-01-25 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kakadu; +Cc: Caml List

On 25/01/14 11:45, Kakadu wrote:
> Salut,
>
> opam list lists installed
> opam list -a lists all (available and installed)
>
> Kind regards,
> Kakadu

I see. Thanks. I got confused by this:

  http://opam.ocaml.org/doc/Basic_Usage.html

where

  opam list

is said to:

  List all available packages

* Re: [Caml-list] what is the expected output of "opam list"?
@ 2014-01-25 18:41     ` Ashish Agarwal
From: Ashish Agarwal @ 2014-01-25 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matej Kosik; +Cc: Kakadu, Caml List

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 6:54 AM, Matej Kosik <
5764c029b688c1c0d24a2e97cd764f@gmail.com> wrote:

I got confused by this:

>   http://opam.ocaml.org/doc/Basic_Usage.html
>
> where
>
>   opam list
>
> is said to:
>
>   List all available packages

That used to be the behavior, so the documentation is out of date.

* Re: [Caml-list] what is the expected output of "opam list"?
@ 2014-01-26 11:59       ` Thomas Gazagnaire
From: Thomas Gazagnaire @ 2014-01-26 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ashish Agarwal; +Cc: Matej Kosik, Kakadu, Caml List