Github is maybe not perfect, but it requires *zero* maintenance. Does the INRIA team want to set up a git server, setup gitosis for managing users, etc, respond to someone when there is a problem. Github won. Let's get over it. On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 3:05 PM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote: > On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 07:28:27PM +0100, Joel Reymont wrote: > > http://github.com > > > > This would allow for documentation, etc. to be kept online and edited > easily. > > > > It would also allow for documented and well-presented pull requests > > with patches. > > TBH we switched libguestfs hosting to github about 5 months ago, and > I'm not too happy with it. Pull requests turn into merges (ie. > non-linear history) which I particularly dislike. > > But there are lots of git hosting places, including the option of > setting up git hosting at INRIA -- it's very easy to setup and > maintain. > > That's not the point though. The point is that git is just *far > better* than SVN. And also (compared to other VCS), git won. Let's > get over it. > > Rich. > > -- > Richard Jones > Red Hat > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa-roc.inria.fr/wws/info/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs > >