From: Yotam Barnoy <yotambarnoy@gmail.com>
To: Martin Jambon <martin.jambon@ens-lyon.org>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Default methods for module signatures
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2014 15:03:42 -0500	[thread overview]

OK so just to clarify, the functor method you suggested does the opposite
of what I was looking for: if my original module (which I wrote to match an
interface) has no 'default function', it adds it, but if my original module
provided that function, it's overridden. What I'm looking for is a solution
whereby if my original module is missing an interface function, that
function is added, but if it already contains a function, the original
function takes precedence.

More specifically regarding my example (just to illustrate the idea): the
Monad module will be used by other functors to do things, so the Monad
interface must define the full interface, including >>.