* [Caml-list] Implicit module question
@ 2014-09-09 15:32 Yotam Barnoy
From: Yotam Barnoy @ 2014-09-09 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

I loved the Implicit Module presentation, and I'm very happy for ocaml to
be moving from a fully dynamic first-class-module existential type model
(excluding functors of course) that can't be optimized to one where the
compiler is in control and can do significant static analysis. I have a
question about the implicit module implementation: Is there any way to
combine modules automatically? For example, suppose I have a Show implicit
module and an Ord implicit module, and a function receives both, and wants
to infer both functionalities for an incoming type so we can run both show
and compare on the same type. Does the current model cover such a use-case?
If not, is there any idea how to move in this direction? Automatic module
fusion perhaps?

Thanks,

Yotam