* [Caml-list] Networking Application
@ 2014-09-22 11:55 brian.e.mulhall
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: brian.e.mulhall @ 2014-09-22 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello All,

I work for a large US engineering firm and I am trying to find a way for our
team to do more with less, due to budgetary cutbacks in our engineering
center.

With that being said we have an existing java application that is in dire need
of a rewrite. I have been interested in ML and subsequently OCAML for about 6
months and I am now looking for a way to integrate this passion of mine into
my work life. I see very real benefits from using this language at work and
its also applicable in our use case (we have a single core machine with
limited resources and I want us to use a cooperative threading library like
LWT or Async).

So I was wondering if people could point me in the direction of some open
source projects hosted on github that I can read through and try to emulate in
my proof of concept, sketch of a redesign that I show my supervisors. I
appreciate any help and since this is a side project it can be done right,
without any need to take hacky shortcuts.