Speaking of which, are there any updates on the Windows situation with regard to opam and Core? Specifically with regard to Core, I find it odd that Ocaml's most popular (and well-written) book doesn't support the most popular OS in the world. -Yotam On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 5:16 AM, John Whitington wrote: > Hi, > > > William wrote: > >> Hi all, >> >> we are considering using OCaml for a rather large project, the bulk of >> which will be networking and encryption. OCaml seems to meet our needs >> with one exception: >> we'd like to target windows (as well as linux & mac) and we got the >> impression that this would be complicated -- we gathered that neither >> jane street's Core nor OPAM are windows compatible. >> >> Would still recommend using OCaml? Are there workarounds, or other >> libraries that would replace Core? >> > > Here is the Windows installer: > > http://protz.github.io/ocaml-installer/ > > This also installs 'ocamlfind', which means that you can download source > packages for libraries you're interested in, compile them, install them and > use them relatively easily. Not as convenient as OPAM, of course. > > Here is a library for cryptography: > > https://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/cryptokit/ > > Here is a library for concurrency which runs on Windows: > > http://ocsigen.org/lwt/ > > Here is a different Standard Library replacement/augmentation: > > https://github.com/ocaml-batteries-team/batteries-included > > (The software I build for Windows, whilst complex in terms of what it > does, is just a single statically linked executable which reads a file, > processes it and writes a file, so I can't tell you anything about > networking under Windows.) > > Thanks, > > -- > John Whitington > Director, Coherent Graphics Ltd > http://www.coherentpdf.com/ > > > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >