From: Yotam Barnoy <yotambarnoy@gmail.com>
Subject: [Caml-list] Moving ocaml to github (as well)
Date: Fri, 20 Dec 2013 14:05:09 -0500	[thread overview]

Following on the news that camlp4 has been moved to github, I would like to
see ocaml moved to github as well (the main repository, that is -- not a
mirror):

a. The ocaml code seems under-documented, with some files still having
French documentation. I have a feeling folks on this list could do a great
job adding thorough documentation to the code if a push was made to do
that. If people could add some documentation and then make a pull request
for their documented files, we'd soon have much better documentation.
b. Better documentation would lead to more people hacking the code, which
could help accelerate ocaml development. For example, it appears that one
sorely needed feature is proper backend multiplexing. The llvm backend that
was developed a couple of years back was forked by some people to develop
heavy features, and now all of those repositories are experiencing bit-rot.
The llvm backend could instead be an optional part of the official
distribution.

Thoughts on this, anyone?

-Yotam