I certainly use OpenGL (mostly GLES2 subset)... but I'm not sure I would have much to read or contribute. The OCaml-specific issues are essentially bindings. And I've fallen down the path of using glcaml which I locally change and add to. It's pretty much like using OpenGL from C except the constants are lowercase. However, it would be nice if there was an easy answer for a new user. I had to flounder around with the existing bindings for a while. At the time, shaders weren't well supported, which is why I chose glcaml. Also because glcaml is a very minimal layer -- easy to change and add to. But I'd agree it's probably the least tested (used) and least "OCaml". I think there's merit for a means to discuss OpenGL bindings, maybe ratifying them... starting from scratch, whatever. But when it comes to users, there is plenty of OpenGL documentation and shouldn't really be anything OCaml specific. Unless the bindings add/change a lot (in the direction of LablGL). On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 12:05 PM, Florent Monnier wrote: > 2013/03/08, Török Edwin wrote: > > On 03/08/2013 08:27 PM, Florent Monnier wrote: > >>> [...] http://lists.ocaml.org/, to improve their visibility, [...] > >> > >> What would you think about creating an ocaml-opengl mailing list too? > >> (for generic ocaml/opengl) > >> > >> Most camelers are not interested by the topic, so we could post more > >> things about it there without fear of annoying other people. > >> > > > > Would OpenGL discussions be so high volume? > > I don't remember seeing (m)any OpenGL related discussions since I've > joined > > this ML. > > If the ML would exist (at least I) would maybe post more things. > And maybe even things that are related to the "details" category, that > would for sure not fit the main ML. > > > Or is it about trying to unify the various existing OpenGL bindings? > > I don't know which direction to take, trying to unify them, take one > and make it evolve, start something new from scratch, reuse something > from another programming language... > I would be pleased to get opinions from other people that care about > this topic without anoying the others. > > Also, more important (IMO) about OpenGL version handling, this could > be done in several ways. > > I don't know if such a discussion would grow or not. Maybe I would be > the only one in it, or maybe other people would have something to say. > In case it could grow this would not fit the main ML IMHO. > > -- > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >