From: Anthony Tavener <anthony.tavener@gmail.com>
To: Shuai Wang <wangshuai901@gmail.com>
Cc: Yaron Minsky <yminsky@janestreet.com>,
	"caml-list@inria.fr" <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] Why List.map does not be implemented tail-recursively?
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2014 22:09:48 -0600	[thread overview]

A remark about the "reverse" list operations... I find that it often turns
out that I'll have an even number of these reverse operations. So even if I
need to maintain the final list order, it can be for free.

For example, List.rev_map, followed by a List.rev_append... everything is
tail-recursive without adding extra list-reversals, and the final order is
maintained.