Thank-you Oleg, for limiting my hunt for a red-herring. :) I only looked through the web-svn changes to 3.12.1 and nothing stood out as a problematic change... I should have installed 3.12.1 to try it out. With 4.00.0 (and this is a new machine with no prior installs) I pulled the corresponding files from 4.0 source into an ocaml-byterun-4.00 directory, and the native test segfaults. Just now I tried pointing to the 3.11 directory and it also segfaults. I expect going to 4.x there's been a change of some significance for delimcc. I'm not using GADTs or other 4.x features yet, and delimcc is more important to me -- so I'm happy enough using 3.12 while casually prodding at delimcc+4.x. -Tony P.S. Thanks for the nifty gadgets! (I keep eyeing metaocaml too...) On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 1:06 AM, wrote: > > It so happened that I had to upgrade to amd64 (Intel Core 2) last > week. I have installed FreeBSD 9.0 from scratch and OCaml 3.12.1 > from ports. I have just recompiled delimcc. All tests passed, > both for byte-code and the native compiler. > > I'm really not sure what the reported problem might be. I have used > the following line in delimcc's Makefile > OCAMLINCLUDES=./ocaml-byterun-3.11 > That OCAMLINCLUDES worked with 3.12.0 (and with 3.12.1, it seems). I'm > not sure if it works with 4.x though. > > Could you check your Makefile? Could you check that > $(LIBDIR)/Makefile.config > has sane values, where > LIBDIR := $(shell ocamlc -where) > If you have several versions of OCaml on your system, it could be that > delimcc's Makefile picks a wrong version (inconsistent with > OCAMLINCLUDES). Such an inconsistency could certainly cause a > segfault. > > > > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa.inria.fr/sympa/arc/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs >