I think this is awesome. OCaml is much more pleasant to use than the alternatives, so having it available for developing software on mobile devices is great, even if it's only iOS. ;) Your a frontiersman... and I hope others follow suit and write more games in OCaml and bring it to more mobile platforms! I've been writing a game for PC with possibility of targeting PS3... and maybe phones. But I don't even own a phone, so that's not in-mind for now. I appreciate your work! Even more if I do end up using it! Tony On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Jeffrey Scofield wrote: > As more proof that you can write real-world iOS apps in OCaml, our little > outfit Psellos has just released a second OCaml app through the App Store. > It plays the classic card games Schnapsen and Sixty-Six. > > You can find info about the app at our website: > > http://psellos.com/ > > We think using OCaml was a real advantage in building the game-playing > engine. It also seemed a great fit for the animation subsystem that I > wrote to make the cards move (immutably). > > Also, these are great card games. One of our friends was inspired by > the app to start up a blog about Schnapsen (also on the website). > > In addition to the two apps that we sell (for cheap), I've written 5 > apps that show how to code for iOS in OCaml. The sources for all 5 are > available at our website in the OCaml section > (http://psellos.com/ocaml/). A few people have used these examples as > the basis for their own apps. > > There's also info on how to cross compile to iOS and to the iOS > Simulator, how to build the cross compilers we're using, and how to use > OpenGL ES from OCaml. > > Recently there was a question about updating our tools to work with > Apple's latest Xcode. Now that the app is released, I'll be doing that > as soon as I can. > > I'm trying my best to start a worldwide OCaml-on-iOS craze :-), and > would be very happy to hear from anyone interested. > > Regards, > > Jeffrey Scofield > Seattle > > jeffsco@psellos.com > > -- > Caml-list mailing list. Subscription management and archives: > https://sympa-roc.inria.fr/wws/info/caml-list > Beginner's list: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ocaml_beginners > Bug reports: http://caml.inria.fr/bin/caml-bugs > >