Hi Jacques, metaocamlmktop works well, thanks! On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 8:51 PM, Jacques Carette wrote: > You need to use 'metaocamlmktop' to make a custom top-level which supports > metaocaml. I have tested this, and it works. > > I will let Oleg answer the other queries. > > Jacques > > > On 13-02-18 10:37 PM, bob zhang wrote: > >> Dear Oleg, >> After reading the patch of BER MetaOCaml today, I found that it is not >> too hard to port camlp4/Fan to support metaocaml. >> I tried to compile and install metaocaml with the patches you provided: >> >> I get an install error >> ./build/partial-install.sh: line 25: config/config.sh: No such file or >> directory >> make: *** [install] Error 1 >> >> After I ignore the error message, the metaocaml toplevel works >> perfectly well. >> >> But if I customized my own toplevel (I used my toplevel as 'ocamlmktop >> -custom -o mocaml') >> mocaml is bundled with compiler-libs, the toplevel does not work, I >> get the following >> error message: >> # let spower7 = .! spower7_code;; >> Error: Reference to undefined global `Runcode' >> >> Currently metaocaml does not support native code, but it seems that the >> patch only installs ocamlc, is it possible to get ocamlc.opt installed as >> well? (not the ocamlopt.opt) ocamlbuild is not installed either. It would >> be even nicer that ocamlopt.opt could be installed without supporting >> metaocaml, otherwise I have to switch between different compilers from time >> to time. >> >> Would you mind get the ocamlbuild, ocamlc.opt also works? I would be >> happy to port Fan/Camlp4 to support metaoaml, and it would be really cool >> to get compile-time and run-time metaprogramming work together >> >> Thank you in advance! >> > > -- Regards -- Bob