Thanks. About why ocaml is more productive, probably my explanation will cause a flaming war, so correct me if I am wrong. Of course, I understand monad, arrow, frp, TH, ST monad or other topics in haskell, but that does not really help solve the *real wolrd problems*. And laziness/purity is really a big hurt. I think what helps is we could share our tricks programming with ocaml, some nice tricks or techniques really help boost productivity. For example, I wrote a tiny toplevel library (like hoogle for haskell), I found it really helps. My experience in ocaml limited, and the documentation of ocaml is really lacking, so I think sharing will help the small community. I wrote the docs using latex, I digged muse tonight, I can htmlized it, if that could help sharing. I would publish it to github after Christmas. Merry XMas :-) On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 10:11 PM, oliver wrote: > Hello, > > On Sat, Dec 24, 2011 at 04:55:26PM -0500, bobzhang wrote: > [...] > > My book mainly focus on how to make ocaml programmers more productive, > > quite different from other existing books. > [...] > > A good idea. > > [...] > > I have been digging haskell, ocaml, lisp for several years, honestly > > speaking, I found ocaml is still the most productive language. > [...] > > You could put the above paragraph into the preface. > And mention, that even you found OCaml to be the most > productive language, you even want to become more productive, > and that was the reason for your book... (that's what I understood). > > Maybe you could elaborate a littlebid more about why you > think that OCaml is most productive. > It's of course also my conclusion from looking at a lot of languages. > But you might be better in explaining it. > > You asked for help. > Can you specify more detailed, which kind of help you are looking for? > > Ciao, > Oliver > -- Best, bob