On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 7:20 AM, wrote: > > > > Currently metaocaml does not support native code, but it seems that the > > patch only installs ocamlc, is it possible to get ocamlc.opt installed as > > well? (not the ocamlopt.opt) ocamlbuild is not installed either. It would > > be even nicer that ocamlopt.opt could be installed without supporting > > metaocaml, otherwise I have to switch between different compilers from > time > > to time. > > Yes, it is possible. It is possible almost immediately but I just had > an idea how to do it much better. If works out it will bring essentially > native metaocaml. I will need time to check it though... Well, better > is the enemy of the good. > > If you want ocamlopt urgently (without > using brackets and escapes) I can make a patch easily -- or tell you one > line to add to one file. Namely, to the file > asmcomp/cmmgen.ml add at the line 1713 (at the end of the function > emit_constant_field) the following single line: > | Const_csp_value _ -> assert false > > Yes, I understand it saves a lot of time to not building something necessary when do the compiler-hacking, but it would be nice for the user who try the patch to see minimum surprise. Would you mind release a new patch which contains everything except that ocamlc, ocaml byte runtime is patched? That would be really helpful for other people to give a try as well. > After that, do make ocamlopt followed by make install. You get > ocamlopt that, as a side benefit, understands the let! monadic > notation (which never made it to the official version, but seems quite > handy). > > Monadic notation is fine, since Camlp4/Fan interacts with metaocaml only in the Ast level Thanks -- Regards -- Bob