From: Jeremie Dimino <jdimino@janestreet.com>
To: "Markus Weißmann" <markus.weissmann@in.tum.de>
Cc: "caml-list@inria.fr" <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Caml-list] OCaml CAN support (controller area network)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 14:17:03 +0000	[thread overview]

I wrote stubs for using CAN sockets a long time ago. We used it for the
control system of a robot. The code is here:

http://sourceforge.net/p/krobot/krobot/ci/master/tree/info/control2011/src/can/

and the definition of CAN frames is in this file:

http://sourceforge.net/p/krobot/krobot/ci/master/tree/info/control2011/src/lib/krobot_can.mli

It should be easy to extract the code from the project if you want to reuse
it.

Regards
Jeremie

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 11:54 AM, Markus Weißmann <
markus.weissmann@in.tum.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> on Linux there is support for a socket family "PF_CAN" for the CAN bus
> (controller area network bus) [1].
> I was wondering if anyone is/was working on
> 1) support for PF_CAN for the standard Unix socket in OCaml (see example
> code on [2])
> 2) some kind of OCaml CAN library/separate bindings for aforementioned
> socket domain
> 3) an OCaml library/tool on top of CAN, e.g. some CAN controller, a
> DeviceNET or CANOpen library
> and of course if 1) would be an acceptable patch for the standard library
> or if it would be considered "too exotic", given that there aren't many
> domains supported by the OCaml/Unix socket right now ('only' PF_UNIX,
> PF_INET and PF_INET6).
>
> Best regards
> Markus
>
> [1] https://gitorious.org/linux-can/