* [Caml-list] OCaml CAN support (controller area network)
@ 2014-01-30 11:54 Markus Weißmann
From: Markus Weißmann @ 2014-01-30 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

Hello,

on Linux there is support for a socket family "PF_CAN" for the CAN bus
(controller area network bus) [1].
I was wondering if anyone is/was working on
1) support for PF_CAN for the standard Unix socket in OCaml (see
example code on [2])
2) some kind of OCaml CAN library/separate bindings for aforementioned
socket domain
3) an OCaml library/tool on top of CAN, e.g. some CAN controller, a
DeviceNET or CANOpen library
and of course if 1) would be an acceptable patch for the standard
library or if it would be considered "too exotic", given that there
aren't many domains supported by the OCaml/Unix socket right now ('only'
PF_UNIX, PF_INET and PF_INET6).

Best regards
Markus

[1] https://gitorious.org/linux-can/
[2] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SocketCAN

--
Markus Weißmann, M.Sc.
Technische Universität München

* Re: [Caml-list] OCaml CAN support (controller area network)
@ 2014-01-30 14:17 ` Jeremie Dimino
From: Jeremie Dimino @ 2014-01-30 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Markus Weißmann; +Cc: caml-list