* [Caml-list] More frequent pushes to Jane Street github repositories + janestreet/opam-repository
@ 2016-05-23  9:39 Jeremie Dimino
From: Jeremie Dimino @ 2016-05-23  9:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: caml-list

We are currently trying to improve our workflow for releasing our code ​on
github ​and following up on external contributions.

As a first step in this direction, w​e reworked​ our internal process for
​exporting​ the public release and we are now able to push to github more
often. ​So going forward, instead of pushing one huge commit before every
​major release​ in the main opam repository​, we will push smaller commits
more frequently.

This has several consequences:

- it will be easier to follow the latest changes
- accepted pull requests will appear in the git repository earlier
- you can complain if we break your code before the next release in opam...

​Initially the commit messages will still be meaningless and the changelogs
might be slightly lagging behind given that producing them still requires a
fair amount of work from a human.​ However, we are planning to improve this
over time.

​Note that we'll continue to provide support for the latest version that is
released in opam.​

## ​janestreet/opam-repository

To help trying the development version of our libraries, we've setup an
opam repository that follows their latest development version [1]. So in
order to try out the latest version of core, you can do:

    $ opam repo add git://github.com/janestreet/opam-repository.git
​    ​$ opam install core

​Pinning individual packages with `opam pin add --dev` might work as well,
but there is no guarantee about it​.

## 113.43+70

To start the new process, we just pushed the latest version of our code on
github. The version is 113.43+70 and includes a fair amount of changes.

 [1] https://github.com/janestreet/opam-repository

--​ ​
Jeremie​ Dimino, for the Core team