On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Yaron Minsky wrote: > Jeremie, other than having some different back-ends available (e.g., glib > main loop), how different are the approaches to backend management between > Async and Lwt? > ​The backend interfaces are slightly different​, but we just need a bit of glue in the middle. Essentially the difference is that with Lwt you provide one callback per fd and watch (read or write), while with Async you have a global callback. ​Right now what we need to change in Async to make this work is: - allow to provide a backend ​programmatically; right now you can only choose between the predefined epoll and select ones - make the scheduler ignore fds returned by the backend that are not handled by async