On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 4:56 PM, Ivan Gotovchits wrote: > > 3. release project.0.3.1, keeping project.0.3 unchanged > > The problem is that `project.0.3` will be broken for ever, as well as all > dependencies that depend on this particular version. > > Maybe there is actually some misunderstanding, and we're talking about > different things. Just to clarify, are you going to go > through opam-repository and update all archives of old libraries (e.g. > sexplib.7.0.5, sexplib.108.00, ...) and remove `.syntax` > findlib library from it? This is what I'm afraid of. And this is what I > name "retroactively". > As according to the PR there is nothing like this. If all old archives > will be still available, then it is perfectly fine. > ​Indeed, I misunderstood your original ​question. Sorry about that. We definitely won't touch the archive of any released package. I agree that would be disastrous... -- Jeremie