On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 3:15 PM, Ivan Gotovchits wrote: > > Do you know of any tool that rely on this? > > OASIS it the most notable [1]. > ​Ah, I didn't know about this hack​, and apparently it's the same hack for merlin. Well, we can certainly add ".syntax" packages to pa_sexp_conv and others then > 1. Delete `project.0.3` from the repository and add new `project.0.3-???` > with a fixed build system > 2. Retrospectively modify `project.0.3` build system and upload a new > tarball without changing a library. > ​I was thinking of: 3. release project.0.3.1, keeping project.0.3 unchanged That the same as what one would have to do if the API changed in an incompatible way. > Also, some packages, may encode library names in the code itself. For > example, bap uses this to track dependencies of dynamically loaded plugins. > Merlin has a heuristics, that > guesses requested syntax extensions based on package names. > ​For merlin and oasis we just need to add pa_sexp_conv.syntax, we'll do that. I don't know bap very well, does it have "sexplib.syntax" hardcoded ​in its source code or is the same situation as merlin and oasis? -- Jeremie